• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• schoondoggy

• ikon

• Drashna Jaelre

• HellDiverUK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cant remember the last time I used AMD for a build, here we go!

I'm surprised you're bothering putting in a R7-250X - surely it's not much better than the APU?  It is only a renamed HD7770...   Last AMD I built was a FX8350 on an Asus Sabertooth 990FX.  Ran very

Yes, yes they do.

HellDiverUK

I'm surprised you're bothering putting in a R7-250X - surely it's not much better than the APU?  It is only a renamed HD7770...

Last AMD I built was a FX8350 on an Asus Sabertooth 990FX.  Ran very well, but boy did it run HOT.  I would definitely build another, but I'd be using an AIO water cooler - the Corsair H100i probably.  I think I got 4.5GHz on air cooling, but you could have cooked bacon on the thing.   

I did build an AM1 machine, but it was terrible.  Could never get it stable. :(

Edited by HellDiverUK
  • Like 1
Drashna Jaelre

I'm surprised you're bothering putting in a R7-250X - surely it's not much better than the APU?  It is only a renamed HD7770...

Last AMD I built was a FX8350 on an Asus Sabertooth 990FX.  Ran very well, but boy did it run HOT.  I would definitely build another, but I'd be using an AIO water cooler - the Corsair H100i probably.  I think I got 4.5GHz on air cooling, but you could have cooked bacon on the thing.   

I did build an AM1 machine, but it was terrible.  Could never get it stable. :(

Absolutely agree with replacing the stock heatsink. It's absolutely not enough.

I had a AMD FX-8120 (that I replaced a while back), got a noctua C14 (I think) and it cooled the CPU by a good 20-30C .... 

Either way, it eventually fried (which is the way of AMD CPUs).... literally. There is a scorch mark on the CPU tin (the top of it), and on the surface of the noctua heatsink!!!

And I have a couple of A4's. They "okay" for low level tasks, but I'd go intel celeron next time. partially for mentioned stability issues...

Drashna Jaelre

I'm a big "fan" of Noctua heatsinks and fans. I use then whenever possible. Very quiet and good about moving air.