RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Where is your home server installed?

schoondoggy

They host the picture and provide a link that I paste into my post.

Poppapete

But the picture appears in the post not the link, I don 't understand!

jmwills

Nice rack....

schoondoggy

But the picture appears in the post not the link, I don 't understand!

Here is a screen shot of the link:

iD7U7S.jpg

and here is the picture:

66tEDx.jpg

ikon

LOL, that's hilarious. :D :D

oj88

Ooohh... Catbert, the evil HR director.

"We can keep our payroll expenses low by giving employees bad reviews."

Been looking for those, especially Dogbert, but I can't find them anywhere except online.

BTT: I keep my server in a sort of a purpose-built cupboard near the dining area. I got all the Cat 6 cabling go there from behind the wall. My only regret is that I didn't had foresight to put in a 3-inch vertical PVC pipe going to the ceiling instead, so I can add/replace/service the cables later.

• Like 1

Drashna Jaelre

In my bedroom (as it's the only room with air conditioning, and I live in San Diego).

I blame the wife for that, because she needs some sort of white noise or she can't sleep. And the server works great for that (it's not too loud, thankfully).

And it's located in a lovely Ikea Lack Rack (coffee tables). Along with my NVR (BlueIris) box (also rack mounted), and my desktop (not rack mounted, need to fix that), and a StableBit Server prototype.

ikon

You must be the only guy I know of whose wife is actually glad to have a server in her bedroom. :D

up7500

My rack with the home server, switches, 1U PFSense router, HDHomerun, and misc other stuff used to sit in a large storage room that also had the furnace and water heater.  Right now the home server is sitting under my TV along with the Xbox and HTPC since we are living with my mother wile building our house.  In the new house I have a 5 x 5 wiring closet that is in my media room in the basement. All the regular electrical wiring and all of the low voltage stuff is going in there.  Also have a couple empty conduits from there up into the attic for future needs.  Should be real nice once everything gets done.

ikon

A 5x5 closet sounds great. Are you planning to ensure the regular electrical stuff is on one side of the closet and the data wiring is on the other side?