RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Highpoint Rocket 640L - Unable to see connected drive

MikeZuydam

Hi

I have a 990FXA-HUD3 (gigabyte) motherboard with an AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core processor 64-bit Windows 7 OS.

I installed the Rocket Controller and can see that it is there in the BIOS however, no HDD's are seen.

I have tried to connect to the card via //localhost:7402 but only get an error "Unable to Connect Error Message"  I have tried various browsers all with the same result after reading that Firefox got through.

In the Device Manger under storage controller I have Marvell91xx SATA 6G Controller and Windows reports the device is orking correctly.

The location reports - PCI bus 3, device 0, function 0.

I am at a loss to see the issue.  Any suggestions?

Edited by MikeZuydam

Are you able to get into the 640L's BIOS?

UMMMM In my PC BIOS I see the card is there however there are no devices found.

Is that the Card BIOS?

Is that the Card BIOS?

Hi

In the installation guide it indicates I should after installation get the Rocket 640L BIOS post and scan for devices.  I have not seen this.  It also indicates I should "CNTL + M"  to access the setup menu.

The instructions for Win 7 suggest under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers that I should see Standard AHCI  1.0 Serial ATA Controller.  I do not see this only the Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller under Storage Controllers.

Mike

Are you hitting 'Ctrl H'  to enter the 640L's BIOS during boot?

See page 5

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/PDF/RR640L/RocketRAID_640L_Quick_Installation_Guide_V1.0.pdf

Will reboot and try.  Get back with results.

Mike

Is that the Card BIOS?

Are you hitting 'Ctrl H'  to enter the 640L's BIOS during boot?

See page 5

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/PDF/RR640L/RocketRAID_640L_Quick_Installation_Guide_V1.0.pdf

Yes, the card's BIOS. As schoondoggy indicates, you press Ctrl+H to get into it. You have to watch carefully when the system starts booting up. Look for a text prompt on the screen, and be ready to press Ctrl+H.

Yes, the card's BIOS. As schoondoggy indicates, you press Ctrl+H to get into it. You have to watch carefully when the system starts booting up. Look for a text prompt on the screen, and be ready to press Ctrl+H.

Ikon and HSS Master

I am unable to get to the BIOS.  In the PC BIOS I do see that I have a new option Marvell ATA Controller Configuration.

When I select that I see Controller in AHCI Mode but no devices  present on port 0 or port 1.

Have I connected the cable to the wrong port.  There are two that connect on the top of the card and two on the side of the card?

I will check the Highpoint site to see which port is 0 and which is 1.  May be I have connected to the wrong port.  But that still does not get me to the Card BIOS.

I will get back after I have checked these things.

Thanks for your help so far.

Mike

Guys

Thank you, I finally got to the Card BIOS, now I see the drive that was missing.

I think I should be right.  Thanks again for all your assistance.

Mike