RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Podcast 97 is up!

Dave

From the show notes.

It’s the better late than never episode! Show 97 is also the “trolling twitter for guests” episode. Since this is a community based show I hit twitter for some guests and we scored a couple of great guys for the show. Andrew Morris from Australia joined as well as Jose Ortiz from TDL Mobile. We talk a lot about Media Center with your Windows Home Server and some alternative ways to stream media around your house. We are also joined by John Zajdler(Diehard) who was recently awarded MVP for Windows Home Server. Congrats John.

I also can’t refrain from talking about mobile phones when Andrew and Jose are on the call so the last 15 minutes of the show is all about mobile. If you are not into that stuff I give a warning when it will start so you can end early. It’s interesting enough that I think you will want to hear it though.

Big thank you to Andrew and Jose for joining last minute and we will have the regular crew on next week. Don’t forget to participate in the forums about this episode and anything else that is on your mind.

Again, big CONGRATS to John for making MVP.

Since I was out all week this was a rushed episode. Let me know what you think about it and about bringing guys in from the community to talk WHS and other topics.

Boy, this was a fast release, went fishing on Twitter, recorded, edit, upload, blog post, forum post. All in under 2 hours. B)

I'm looking forward to the WHS MVP goodness, thanks. :)

Nice signature ya got there John!

Yes, that was quick. I enjoyed this show even if my voice was dieing. We talked cell phones for about 15 minutes on the end so not everyone will like that part but I had fun. I like adding up community members to the show when all of us can't make it. Hope to get Chris and Jim back for 98!

Nice job guys! Finally got a few minutes to work my way thru 97. Jose and Andrew did a bang up job of filling in for the missing hosts. Loved the phone discussion at the end.

Nice job again guys!

Regarding the MS Expression tweet... I am slowly working on a Add-in for VAIL with my brother as I have time and was reading through any and all WHS add-in deb guides that are out on the web and I was wanting to incorporate MS Expression Suite into the development before moving to Visual Studio 2010. My questions are...

Are there others that are using MS Expression for WHS development?

Is it possible to use MS Expression Blend + Sketch-Flow to design a WHS add-in?

What are others using for a WHS Dev environment (hardware + software)?

My SharePoint (MOSS) tweet... I installed SharePoint onto my WHS V1 and was not able to get the default site to show or any new sites that I created. Not a big deal but I was going to use SharePoint to control the document and source code management for my WHS Dev project. It would be nice to have a source safe add-in.

Anyways... those were my thoughts when I tweeted in for Show 97. I will be sure to state my questions more clearly next time.