RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Serverbackup schedule can not be setup

Homer-S

Hello,

I try to explain it in English what I already placed in a German forum without any answer for weeks.

When I first installed my WHS2011 with Server Backup it ran fine. After a while (some month) I checked the status and the backup was not done for several approaches.

I deleted the backup plan and changed the external drive. (from 320GB to 320 GB).

Than I tried to setup the server backup plan again. I give all my details in and when I click start for setting it up I receive an error message which is similar to

"A file can not be created if it is already existing"

To be on a little save side I did a single backup which was running fine.

Do you have any Idea which file could already exist or how to solve this?

Thanks

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer-S

• jmwills

• ikon

• Drashna Jaelre

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go to Administrative Tools>Task Scheduler and expand the + sign next to Microsoft and then the same for Windows.  Look for the Backup Folder and verify there is a scheduled task in there.  If not y

Send me a PM and I can export mine and send it to you.  It's nothing but an XML file. 

Here's what mine has in the Actions tab: %windir%\System32\wbadmin.exe start backup -templateId:{50e4eff5-5931-4682-898b-e4e223066eea} -quiet

Drashna Jaelre

Did you configure it from the dashboard? If so, try running "wbadmin.msc" on the server, or use "Windows Server Backup" from Administrative Tools. That may give you a more meaningful error, if it errors out.

I did it first via dashboard and tried after that with wbadmin.msc. Both times the same "Error" Message appears with not more info.

I am really totally lost