• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vertigo

• jmwills

• Drashna Jaelre

• ikon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah Jason, you really need to track down the bad RAM DIMM(s). Bad RAM is a real killer issue. Like Drashna said, install 1 stick at a time and run memtest86 on it. It shouldn't take long to identify

Drashna Jaelre

Well, the backup logs in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs" may actually give you more detailed description as to what is going wrong.

if you want, gab the logs from the folder and send them to me at "drashna@live.com". I can't guarantee that I'll be able to fix the problem, but i can look.

Also, as for disk tools, SpinRite and HD Tune are mentioned, however, if you're using StableBit DrivePool (it's not entirely clear if you are or not), then check out StableBit Scanner. 

Thanks for the offer of help - if it happens again I'll definitely take you up on it.

For now everything is working once again - have done fresh backups of both clients to the 3TB drive I removed from the pool.  Time will tell if it happens again.

• 1 month later...

Well it happened again but I'm not sure what logs are relevant.  Not sure exactly when it stopped working.  Is there something I should be looking for in the log files from around the time it first started failing or alternatively the repair log itself (the repair has worked again btw).

On the Client:

Event Viewer>Windows Logs>Application and go to the time when you have set for backups to begin.  There should be an entry there to at least get you started.

Drashna Jaelre

On the Client:

Event Viewer>Windows Logs>Application and go to the time when you have set for backups to begin.  There should be an entry there to at least get you started.

Not useful, even remotely.

The best logs here are going to be in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs"