RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Connection is disabled?

Shoop

I had to do a fresh install of Windows 8.1 on my main computer.  Previously, the computer was connected to my WHS 2011 and remote web access was working fine.  I ran the  connection software on the computer and enabled allow remote web access for this user.  The computer connects to the server just fine; however, when I am at work and login to the remote web access for my server I see my machine listed under computers as "connection is disabled".   Because of this I am not able to connect to my computer from work. I ran wake on lan add in to install to this computer as well as lights out.  Neither one on the remote web access page shows my computer as a device that can be woke up.

I thought it might be because my previous user account was still on their with the same mac address so i deleted the old account and the new one and setup the connection software again.  Still not working.

I have deleted all users from the server and just have my newly reloaded computer connected and it still comes up "connection is disabled".

Anyone have any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Edited by Shoop

Did you check the properties for that computer & user in the DashBoard on the server (I'm a little unsure from your post as to exactly where you enabled RWA).

Okay, I figured out what was causing the problem.  In the remote tab under the system properties for the computer remote desktop was checked to "Don't allow remote connections to this computer" so, I just checked it to allow remote connections and everything started working.  I thought when you setup the connector software that it would perform that step for you.

Did you check the properties for that computer & user in the DashBoard on the server (I'm a little unsure from your post as to exactly where you enabled RWA).

This was done when I setup the user under through the connector software.

Glad to hear you already found it, but that's where I was going. Unfortunately, you have to do several things to get RWA working. I was trying to narrow down the issue in this case.