RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

IP Camera

wally3218

I am currently using a N40L to store my dvd collection on.

Can anyone suggest software to (PCNVR) record one hikvision 3 mp security camera wired to my network.

Currently using widows 7 have tried using hikvision 4200 PCNVR also with iSpy and tried blue iris which was very memory hungry.

Found most software to be memory hungry and hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Either upgrade to a N54L or something else

Has anyone else had success with one of these systems.

The best free IP Camera CCTV software I've found (which I ran for several years on a N54L ) is Zoneminder.

My father in law still uses a N54l and has 2 wireless Foscam cameras running 24/7 although he doesn't capture or record anymore since he put in massive water features that trigger events constently LOL

Si

LOL, "massive water features". That'll teach him. Has he looked into some of the NVR packages that permit "exclusion zones". These allow you to map out areas of the image to ignore, but will still trigger recording for the rest of the image area. Sorry, it's been a while now since I set any of them up, so I don't recall any names.

Zoneminder offers the feature of exclusions zones but if we exclude the water features there isnt anything left

Si

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk

There is no telling him. He got his man to install them on the walls without telling me and was surprised when I explained he needed to get them back down again to configure them lol.

Thanks for your input , but I would need to remove my windows 7 and create a Linux machine which I know nothing about.

Am hoping for and looking for a windows based system that's not to memory hungery and can use the cup from the N40L

Ah, Linux based. I'm not against Linux systems but I can understand why you might want a Windows based NVR. Even Honeywell's commercial NVRs are Windows based.