RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

iKEv2

Guest techyguyni

Guest techyguyni
Hi all

I'm trying to connect my laptop to my network, I have a vpn that uses SSTP Up and running for a few users, I am now trying to upgrade my vpn to IKEv2, I have enabled IKEv2 Certificate Authentication under the security tab of Authentication Methods on the VPN Properties.

I have also ticked Allow custom IPSec policy for L2TP/IKEV2 Connection, iam unsure if this is needed? on the client side i have IKEv2 for type of vpn, under data encrytpion i have maximum security and under authentication i have Microsoft: Secured password EAP-MSCHAP v2 encryption.

I am also not sure if i need to tick use machine certificate?

My goal here is to inforce a users to have a certificate before they can connect to the server via vpn, also i want all traffic to go through my local lan which will be the remote network to them at the time they connnect, Also i want to connect windows phones to the vpn also.

Anytime i connect i get a error 13819 Invailid Certificate Type, I ve googled readup and hunted down every bit of information on this and iam no further on.

Any help would be so appreciated

Thanks 

I forgot to mention, i have also gone into NPS and under network policies, remote access server (vpn-dailup) , constraints, eap type ive added Microsoft secured password. i dont know why this is needed for a certificate? something i did as part of a tutorial i read.