RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Critical Alert-Server is not connected to the internet.

Poppapete

My Server is showing this and I can't figure out why.

Server is connected to a 24 port switch as are all other devices. WAN  is via a bridged cable modem into an Untangle box and into the 24 port switch.

Server has 2 NICS plus IPMI connection.

The 24 port switch is showing all 3 connections working normally.

Using "Try to repair" in health monitoring fix's the issue for a few moments but it returns on refresh.

All other devices have normal internet access.

Any ideas as I try a few options?

Can it actually get outside? I've seen this happen before but the box actually had access so I disabled and enabled the NIC and the alert went away.

Well if I open a browser in the server then no access but if I ask it to check for updates it does check and says:

Most recent check for update: Today 7:44 AM

7:44 AM being this instant.

Also I have been getting all updates while the alert has been on (3 days) so I guess I must really have internet access.

I will try your fix!

I did (as always). I turned it off and bingo I could browse. I have always had it on (I never browse from the server) and the alert has never been on before.

So I can browse anywhere but the alert still shows up (even after a refresh of the health monitor).

So may be I will turn IE Enhanced Security back on and just ignore the alert as everything appears to working including updates.

Could have anything to do with DNS settings. I use my UT for DNS.

I've been having the same problem (Might be a Brisbane thing :))

I can browse the web seconds after receiving the alert so I know its connected.

Might give JMW's fix a try too.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same alert pop up on my server, but I have no problems using Internet Explorer on the server oe accessing the internet.  I have IE Enhanced Security Configuration turned off...and I remember I had to uncheck some box in the Internet Explorer Options in order to be able to download any file from the interent.  I also have the Hyper V role installed, with a single Win 7 VM, which made me create a Virtual Switch since I only have one NIC.  I'm thinking that may somehow be causing this alert to appear for me.  However, since I have no problems with the server connecting to the net, I just ignore the alert...but it is pretty annoying.

I too have given up trying to fix the alert and have resorted to just ignoring it as both NIC's show full IPv4 internet access.