RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Storage Space Import Question

Equinox

I recently updated my setup,and in doing so just migrated the storage pool from the old setup to the new. Instead of copying everything back over from backups.Everything went fine,so in short this is what I did.

1- Made disk available to new server

2- Set the pool to read/write

3- Attached the virtual disk

4- Brought disk online

5- Set shares up

Now my problem is whenever I reboot the server I have to manually reattach the Virtual Disks in order to access my shares on the server. Is there something I missed/didn't do? Also when I look at the physical disk window all my hdd's media types are Unknown except one. Any insight or help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Equinox

This sounds familiar. I seem to recall a thread where someone had the same problem. You could try searching for it, although I'm not sure they ever got a great resolution.

Thanks for the input guys.I do know that it's not a permissions issue,the shares and the pools/virtual disks show up.But they have that yellow triangle with the exclamation mark.Which means that the server isn't seeing them until I manually attach the disks/pool again. Wondering if I have to recreate the virtual disk,I will look into this further and see what I can find out.

Edited by Equinox

Thanks for the input guys.I do know that it's not a permissions issue,the shares and the pools/virtual disks show up.But they have that yellow triangle with the exclamation mark.Which means that the server isn't seeing them until I manually attach the disks/pool again. Wondering if I have to recreate the virtual disk,I will look into this further and see what I can find out.

I had the same issue when I migrated my server. As long as the pool isn't read only you can use the following command from powershell.

Set-VirtualDisk -FriendlyName "Data" -IsManualAttach $False

where data is the name of your storage pool.

If it's not read only you can use

Set-StoragePool -IsReadOnly $false

• Like 1