RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS2011 & Windows 10

jmwills

I downloaded the Technical Preview today and installed it on a VM with no issues and it was nice to see the install only took about 11 gigs of space for the installation.  I was curious to see how WHS 2011 would behave and so far I was able to install the connector ( no additional software required) and run a backup with no issues.

I was a little taken back when the OS had an update waiting for it.  I will say old habits die slowly as I tried for the "charms" and nothing was there and forget to left click the Windows Button to see the new interface.

Downloads are running slow -- looks to be about 1 hour but that may also do to the storms passing thru this area :)

EDIT: Downloads from MS that is.............

Edited by Joe_Miner

Downloads are running slow -- looks to be about 1 hour but that may also do to the storms passing thru this area :)

Or maybe because so many people are trying to download it.

Everything speed up after 10CDT so that could be it 

Posted over at SG -- here's my desktop with Start Button pushed:

gallery_1229_103_10282.jpg

Running Win 10 in Hyper-V for now.  Plan to load Server 10 on metal soon as I have a little time.

Edited by Joe_Miner

It's nice to know that Win10 backs up to WHS2011. But can anyone care to do a BMR if that part works? I'd do it myself but I'm fresh out of test machines.

Wow, mine downloaded in just a few minutes.

It's nice to know that Win10 backs up to WHS2011. But can anyone care to do a BMR if that part works? I'd do it myself but I'm fresh out of test machines.

If no one else has, I'll try a restore this afternoon.