RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Acronis True Image 2015 for PC

awraynor

In the past I have found True Image to have a very awkward interface. For a couple of days I tried the newest version.

A much improved GUI, easier to use, but most of the old functionality is still there. 

http://www.acronis.com/en-us/personal/pc-backup/

That isn't the thing that really caught my eye however. Interesting that they have added a different Cloud backup

option that is unlimited. Although their fair use states fair use is expected to be below 3TB.

http://www.acronis.com/en-us/personal/unlimited-backup/

I wouldn't recommend using Acronis 2015. Most of the features of Acronis 2014 have been removed. I2015 is unstable and has never worked properly for me during beta and in production. I'm not the only one experiencing these problems. Acronis forum is filled with complaints, Stick with 2014.

Thanks. I have already uninstalled. The interface is better, but as you mentioned I liked a couple of features

they had removed. For now staying with FSBackup/OopsBackup for TimeMachine like backup of my files. 

You have to wonder why they didn't keep the already existing features and just put a better GUI on them. This seems to have always been Acronis' problem: good features wrapped in an awkward interface. Why couldn't they just work on the weakest part of their product?

The new interface is better and assuredly more touch friendly. Their page states they removed infrequently used options, how

they know that I'm not sure. Nonetheless I really thought the old version had a universal search box, but I could be wrong?