RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Win7 sees 2 servers on Network?

PINKTULIP

Hi

I have just upgraded all 3 of my pc's (2 laptops and 1 desktop) to Win7 Pro (the desktop is 64Bit) and all seems to be working well, excpet when i browse my network from the Desktop machine, in the 'Network' list on the right side of Windows Explorer i see 2 instances of my server?

This does not happen from either of the laptops?

Any help much appreciated.

Pete @ Pinktulip

This happens to me also when I make some changes to my network. I might turn on an other server and shut the 1st off, but when I check the network map, it's still there. even after a refresh. This also happens with a few of my media players. It's as if the network map it not getting the changes right away even with a refresh. Eventually it clears up.

So it does happens to me also. :(

pinktulip,

Try this. From the start menu, right click on the "command prompt" and run as "administrator" then type the following. Reboot may be necessary and you should be good to go. Let me know if that works.

C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

pinktulip,

Try this. From the start menu, right click on the "command prompt" and run as "administrator" then type the following. Reboot may be necessary and you should be good to go. Let me know if that works.

C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Nice one PCDOC!!

That worked a treat, thank you very much.