RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Synology to support OneDrive and Azure in future release

Dave

I heard a rumor about this and checked with my source about it.  We should have an announcement today about a beta that will be available next week.  DSM 5.1.  

So, about the OneDrive rumor.  We have cloud sync with Amazon Glacier and soon should have OneDrive and Box.  Also, look for some backup goodness with Azure.  The details are fuzzy but with a beta dropping next week we can just check for ourselves!

If they get Single Instance Storage BMR backup capability I would have to really consider getting a new Syno box, although I still worry about the underwhelming hardware.

If Synology or Drobo or QNAP get SIS and BMR and CrashPlan there won't be many reasons left to run WHS...

Yep; mostly Synology though, because of all the apps.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep; mostly Synology though, because of all the apps.

Agreed...Synology apps are really great & one of the best parts is they simply just work. I am using the Mail Server, DNS Server as a backup to WSE2012R2, The VPN Server, Surveillance Station - for recording 10 camera some of which are off-site. I also use my DS1812+ as an iSCSI Target for my WSE2012R2 and this setup works great as well.

Edited by MrFixit