RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Jason

Ethernet cable tester?

Jason

Finally moved in. Ran cable to all rooms dropped into a structured wiring panel. Now I just need to mount my modem and 24 port gigabit switch to the wall outside the panel (not enough room to fit both). My TP LINK switch came with mounting brackets and screws for mounting in a rack but not to wall mount. Not sure what I need for wall yet.

ikon

If the TP Link has screws on its sides (and from the image I saw it looks like it does), you could either make or buy some small L brackets that you can attach to the side of the TP Link's chassis. Another option is to use short lengths of pipe strap to create the L brackets. Attach some plywood to the wall using TapCon screws or Ramset, then attach the switch flat against the plywood using the L brackets.

itGeeks

I no I am late to the game but I just wanted to share what I use for cable testing & verification-

Fluke Networks MS2-KIT MicroScanner2 Network Cable Tester Kit with Tone Generator and Probe http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QJ6S06/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1N6867G1O15RY&coliid=I11W1BA93VSKYA&psc=1

Fluke Networks LinkSprinter 200 Network Tester with WiFi http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5CKF0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jmwills

Yea, I'll rush right out and get one of those.  What the heck, two please!

ikon

Yeah, that's the problem with Fluke gear. It's great quality, but it is pricey. The Byte Bros unit I recommended is pricey enough, but Fluke is even more (although this Fluke is not as bad as some others).