RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Jason

Ethernet cable tester?

schoondoggy

What On-Q panel do you have and what switch do you have?

schoondoggy

You could use double sided tape, but I would make/modify some 'L' brackets to mount the switch face down using the rack mount ears. the bottom of the switch would be flat against the back of the panel.

You could also buy something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-RK119WALLV-19-Inch-Vertical-Equipment/dp/B001YHUX2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412556723&sr=8-1&keywords=19"+Vertical+Wall+Mount+Rack+1U

ikon

You can also use something like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Flow-Perforated-Metal-Hanger-Straps-3-4HS/100396917. This kind of strapping has a multitude of uses.

Alternately, screw 4 pieces of Velcro to the cabinet, above and below where the switch would go, and join them over the top of the switch as it sits flat against the back of the cabinet.

ps. issues like this are one reason I prefer 19" racks.

jmwills

Take an afternoon and walk through some new home construction and you will get an idea of what is being used and widely the quality varies.

Jason

Sold old and closed on new, custom built house today. Have my work cut out for me. However new house border by stables and farm land. Needless to say I'm going from 50/5 Mbps cable business class internet w/o data caps to no internet for a while until others build nearby. May be possible to get 4M/768k DSL if I'm lucky.

LoneWolf

I cannot fathom a house in a location that can't reach broadband internet --which I would define as a minimum of 3Mbps down and 3Mbps up (note: satellite, no matter what speed, does not qualify due to latency, environmental, and customer service issues).

I have 25 down and 5-6 up right now (not paying for the top speed tier).  The only thing I could wish for is a static IP, but I can't get that without a business class upgrade, so Dynamic DNS will have to do.