RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

10TB drives and WHS2011

gibster

Wholeheartedly agree. 

And if you're using StableBit DrivePool or Drive Bender, you should be able to move the drives over, once everything is setup.

Wholeheartedly agree. 

And if you're using StableBit DrivePool or Drive Bender, you should be able to move the drives over, once everything is setup.

That will be cool, I'm using Drive Bender now. Plan to put the OS on a Plextor M5 Pro 256GB SSD, and install one 8TB or 10TB drive then install OS/tools then start to transfer drives over and that will be excellent with no loss of data.

I'm going to build my own server this time. Unless HP comes out with a Gen9 MicroServer with a better processor. Going to hook up a Nimbie Disk Changer to it and put all my 500+ DVD's and 600+ CD's on the server. I've got about 40 movies on their now, but it's so time consuming and I don't think the Gen8 would keep up with the task (copy, transcode, etc.) at a reasonable pace.

It takes 90 minutes or so per dvd to rip/transcode on my EX495 and I always worry about it overheating doing all that heavy lifting with the Q8200 that's in the server now. It takes about 30 minutes per disk with my i7-4770 desktop. But need the drive space to store everything.

I'll be looking forward to the end of January and tax return time :)

Cheers

gib

And, I can just see a machine with 50TB of storage inside... LOL

• Like 1