RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

HP ProLiant Gen9 MicroServer RUMORS

ChronoSphere

And..the i3 processor takes 55W while the celeron version take 35W. For i3 you need a new heatsink.

So does the as-issued from HP i3 SKU come with a different heatsink?

Mane

Thanks too :)

Edited by Mane

wizzbang

Still no word on Gen9 / 10?

Trig0r

Haven't heard anything Microserver wise since the new SKU's for the Gen8 dropped.

I'd say if anything, and given that HP have split, they are looking at reducing costs so making a small unit like a Microserver probably isn't on their radar for the foreseeable..

schoondoggy

Haven't heard anything Microserver wise since the new SKU's for the Gen8 dropped.

I'd say if anything, and given that HP have split, they are looking at reducing costs so making a small unit like a Microserver probably isn't on their radar for the foreseeable..

I agree. 

The ML10 V2 is their current price leader.

scruffters

Its a shame not to see a gen9.

Has anybody with the ML10 put hot swaps in the front? I quite like the fact that it has more than one PCIe, which can be a bit limiting on the gen8 micro.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Mark Belanger
      By Mark Belanger
      Greetings,

I'm new to the HPMSG8 world and so far I'm loving it. I have a stock Xeon with 16G of aftermarket memory with iLO patched to 2.70. Next up is adding a RAID card, so I can put my boot SSD on the onboard RAID. I picked up a LSI SAS9211-8i on Amazon, but am struggling to flash it to IT mode on the MicroServer. Is this even possible? Unfortunately, the only other system I have with PCI slots is 32-bit.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-MB
    • npapanik
      By npapanik
      FYI, I have just installed Windows Server 2019 Standard (Desktop Experience) using the latest (WS2016) HP AMD chipset & VGA driver. Everything is recognised in Device Manager and stable.
    • TonyTheTechie
      By TonyTheTechie
      I need to update the firmware on a HP Proliant Microserver Remote Access Card installed in my N40L.

Can someone please explain what I need to do to create a boot device that will update the firmware on the Remote Access Card?

Thanks

Tony Self
    • Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      I installed a BU50N Blu-ray 4K drive in my HPE ProLiant Gen8 MicroServer.  Worked out well, I'm using PowerDVD13 -- I had to restart the "Machine" several times before it saw the ODD but "Machine" finally figured it out.

• iwilltry
      By iwilltry
      Hi there,
      I hope this topic fits here just right.
      So a few days ago, I moved my Microserver Gen8 to a friend's place and resetted it.
      When we set it up with new disks, the raid-creation in OpenMediaVault (Debian 9.6) failed.
      `smartctl` tests passed just fine though and vendor-tools also didn't report any drive errors.
      What happened?
      - I start the Raid creation via `mdadm` and after a while (random blocks and times), it fails and the second disk seems to fail (e.g. sda and sdb are creating a raid, then sdb gets "kicked out" and reread as e.g. sdd, sometimes even with only a few GB of space instead of 3TB).
      I tried attaching the second disk on ata2 and ata3, but it keeps failing. The one on ata1 works just fine though.
      I tried different disks and vendors, but get the same results.
      There are some errors in `dmesg`, but I don't know what they mean. I pasted them here: https://pastebin.com/raw/XASQJ6cy
      What I did here: I stopped the raid to re-create it, but then didn't do anything for a while and the error still came up.

Can someone help me with this? (As a wild guess, I'd say that somethings wrong with the SATA connections at least on ata2 and ata3).

Thanks in advance