RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Can 2011 be back up to V1?

mailman1988

Just restore the individual drives. DrivePool should pick up the presence of the pool (I would reboot the system just to keep things clean) and configure it as it was before the backup.

mailman1988

So far, no luck. I've installed the Connector and was able to back up the OS drive. But I cannot back up the Pool nor the individual drives.

I've made sure that I  have plenty of storage room, so no problem there.

This is backing up a Lenovo TS140 to V1. I'm not sure if this is UEFI. Diehard mentioned that I need to Modify the V1 connector, how so? I had gone through the "Configure the back up" but still no success. Maybe my issue is that I have a 4T drive in the TS140.

The 2tb limit only comes into play if your trying to use the WHS2011 built in server backup function to backup the OS and shares totaling over 2TB.

You only need to modify the WHSv1 connector if your trying to install both the WHS2011 & WHSv1 connector on the same PC.

You can't install the WHS2011 connector on any server like you can with v1 connector

mailman1988

Thanks Diehard. So I have V1 connector loaded onto my 2011 box. No other connectors are installed on the 2011.

I can back up the OS drive, but still cannot back up the other drives. Don't know what steps I can take to make this successful. I tried configuring the v1 back up to only do the data drives (4 of them). That failed, Of course I tried the Pooled drive letter, which failed. Not sure how to root out the issue. Next I will try picking individual drives and add them in to see if it that fails also.

Another test you can try is to uninstall DrivePool and do a backup. It's easy enough to reinstall DrivePool and have it pick up the pool again.