RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Can 2011 be back up to V1?

mailman1988

I know this has been talked about before, but can I load the V1 connector onto my 2011 and than have it perform automatic back ups of the Shares/pooled drives?

I'm running Drive Bender on my 2011. I currently have 3 2T + 1 4T drive + 160g ssd (os).

Thanks in advance.

Yes I do this myself. You just need to have enough free space on your WHSv1 box. Also your WHS2011 is not a UEFI motherboard.

The issue if try to install the WHS2011 & WHSv1 connectors on the same PC to backup to each server. Then you need to modify the WHSv1 connector which I have also running.

I think he meant installing the v1 connector onto the WHS2011 Server directly.

If that is the case.... I think you can install the connector, but it disables backup.

I'm pretty sure it was later patched (in PP3, I  want to say) that blocked it from being installed on server OS's... or at least blocked the backup functionality.

I was able to install V1 connector and perform a successful backup of the OS drive. However, when I try to configure the back up on the Pooled-Drive Bender drive letter, I could not perform the "Exclude" folders option. as I don't want to back up the duplications portion of the Pooled drive.

Or should I be backing up the individual HD themselves? and not the Pooled drive letter.?

Thanks