RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
yodafett

Verizon FiOS Speedmatch

yodafett

Just read that FiOS is now doing a speedmatch ie if currently in a 50/25 plan they are going to move you for no charge to 50/50 over the next few months or if you sign up for the free rewards program they will move you to immediately.  Needlessly I signed up today and not running at 300/300 so if Netflix has an outage it is probably me :)

• Like 1

dataoscar

Just read that FiOS is now doing a speedmatch ie if currently in a 50/25 plan they are going to move you for no charge to 50/50 over the next few months or if you sign up for the free rewards program they will move you to immediately. Needlessly I signed up today and not running at 300/300 so if Netflix has an outage it is probably me :)

I am very jealous. I am outside the FIOS area here in SoCal. I asked Cox if they were planning on going symmetrical anytime soon, and the answer was no

cpana

I just got my plan upgraded to 75/75 in Moreno Valley CA

jazzerjay

Google Fibre is supposed to be considering three suburbs of Phoenix and I don't live in any of the three.  I may need to move.  

Nice Upgrade Bryan!

Drashna Jaelre

I am very jealous. I am outside the FIOS area here in SoCal. I asked Cox if they were planning on going symmetrical anytime soon, and the answer was no

Same. Well, I didn't bother to call. I'd have to wait for my contract to expire and re-sign with a new contract. :(

I really want FIOS or google fiber. :(

Jason

Do FIOS or Google have bandwidth caps? I prioritize no cap over speed currently.

ikon

Do FIOS or Google have bandwidth caps? I prioritize no cap over speed currently.

I agree with that, up to a point. If the speed is less than 25Mb down, I'd have 2nd thoughts.

Drashna Jaelre

Consumer, probably has caps. Business? No. :)

ikon

In Ontario, most business accounts also have caps. What they don't have is limitations like port blocking. Also, they typically have symmetrical up/down speeds, along with multiple WAN addresses.

Drashna Jaelre

Symmetrical speeds would be nice. :(