RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Verizon FiOS Speedmatch

yodafett

Just read that FiOS is now doing a speedmatch ie if currently in a 50/25 plan they are going to move you for no charge to 50/50 over the next few months or if you sign up for the free rewards program they will move you to immediately.  Needlessly I signed up today and not running at 300/300 so if Netflix has an outage it is probably me :)

• Like 1

Just read that FiOS is now doing a speedmatch ie if currently in a 50/25 plan they are going to move you for no charge to 50/50 over the next few months or if you sign up for the free rewards program they will move you to immediately. Needlessly I signed up today and not running at 300/300 so if Netflix has an outage it is probably me :)

I am very jealous. I am outside the FIOS area here in SoCal. I asked Cox if they were planning on going symmetrical anytime soon, and the answer was no

Google Fibre is supposed to be considering three suburbs of Phoenix and I don't live in any of the three.  I may need to move.  

Nice Upgrade Bryan!

Drashna Jaelre

I am very jealous. I am outside the FIOS area here in SoCal. I asked Cox if they were planning on going symmetrical anytime soon, and the answer was no

Same. Well, I didn't bother to call. I'd have to wait for my contract to expire and re-sign with a new contract. :(

I really want FIOS or google fiber. :(

Do FIOS or Google have bandwidth caps? I prioritize no cap over speed currently.

I agree with that, up to a point. If the speed is less than 25Mb down, I'd have 2nd thoughts.

In Ontario, most business accounts also have caps. What they don't have is limitations like port blocking. Also, they typically have symmetrical up/down speeds, along with multiple WAN addresses.