RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

about to wash my hands of this product....

This is beginning to sound like a bad image or something peculiar with the NIC.

SHA1 checks out to be fine, and the NICs got built in support thankfully.

Sysprep could be an option, but I've managed to avoid it for years.. lol. I think i'll spin up a hyper-v image and give my installer a run to see if anything becomes obvious.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tswalker

• ikon

• jmwills

• Drashna Jaelre

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the beauty of these forums...  A lot of us are forced to brain dump here as we have nothing (or somebody) else to mull things over with.  I've found simply searching around here, may not solve

I totally agree PetieG. Not always, but often I phrase my posts deliberately to not necessarily lay out the answer to a question in full detail - IOW, to help point the way so the person asking the qu

If you like to download an alternate image, I could make that available since you already have a product key.  This issue came up once before and it did turn out to be a bad image.

that would seems strange... unless the source is corrupted and their SHA1, which matches mine, is a problem.

I just did a hyper-v install on my local workstation, and am getting the same exact problem. (of course with ISO files instead of bootable USB as was done on the actual device).

I'll try the original ISO from Microsoft in hyper-v to see... maybe it has something to do with how I prep'd the image.

I'm a little confused. If you prep'd the image, how could the SHA1 match?

on the original ISO download is what I was referencing...

I just got done with installing in hyper-v with that original ISO and am now starting the configuration wizard... its' now at 11%, which is 11% more than I've been able to do otherwise. So, I'm now believing something happened when I injected drivers into the install.wim and commited changes.

There was a particular log file generated during the configuration wizard called "Errors.log" which only contained that message: FATAL: SetFolderPermission:

any thoughts on what that might have been?

perhaps when DISM committed the changes something changed, or I accidently changed something in the file structure (permissions though?)... I'll have to start from scratch on that.

... so far the installation seems to be going without a hitch using the original ISO.

hey thanks you all for helping me brain dump.....   I guess this has helped me process one of those unknown unknowns...   I'll get it figured out, and report back my findings.

That's the beauty of these forums...  A lot of us are forced to brain dump here as we have nothing (or somebody) else to mull things over with.  I've found simply searching around here, may not solve my problem exactly, but it points me in a new direction I would otherwise not have thought of and eventually helps me solve whatever issue I may be experiencing.  Thanks!  

• Like 1

I totally agree PetieG. Not always, but often I phrase my posts deliberately to not necessarily lay out the answer to a question in full detail - IOW, to help point the way so the person asking the question can discover the solution for themselves and post it back for others to read. Just as often, I learn something new by reading how someone actually went about resolving an issue.

• Like 1