RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP Generation 9 Microserver?

Taffeys

I see that HP has announced that ProLiant Gen9 servers are due out on September 8. Just curious, does anyone know if there is going to be a Gen9 Microserver?

Even if there is, I think I'm going to skip a generation.

The N40L and N54L didn't have enough performance, so an upgrade made sense for me.  At my current configuration, the Gen8 will have headroom for a long time.  I have an HP CarePack on it, and don't plan on subsidizing HP with money for another one (server or CarePack) any time soon.

• 1 year later...

Considering that it is now end of year 2015 more then a year and a quarter after the gen 9 series was announced I ould say HP has no plans to offer a gen 9 microserver.  Given that they have split them selvs into two compaie (PC ad enterprise I think that may change next week LOL) I think it is clear that HP has clearly become schizophrenic and can not be trusted with our valuable small business andhome data until they  figure out what they want to be and where in the market they consider themselves to be placed. Its a shame since Gen 8 MS units are pretty good but getting hard to find.  I think I might go for the TV871 QNAP unt since it now does virtualization and allows 8 drives in it and allows for the addition of expansion units.

I would be interested in what others think on  this topic given current developments sicneI havn't seen a comment on ths thread all year.