RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows 2012 how to connect simultaneously to the same server session

AlejandroMatamoros

Hello Support,

I am performing a remote access to a Windows Server 2012 while a collegue is alredy signed in with his User.

When I estabilish the remote connection, it asks me Ctrl+Ask+Del to sign in, and when I select my collegue's User, if I sign with it, my collegue is immediately excluded, and signed out.

How could I sign in his own session, see his own screen and manage the same application?

Thank you very much!

I believe you already asked this question in http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8051-server-2012-multiuser-remote-control/. As I said in that thread, I'm not sure this can be done, nor am I sure it would be a good idea if you could do it. I can foresee all kinds of issues with it.

Some other members seem to think it might be possible, but I don't think anyone posted a definitive way of doing it. The best idea I saw was that you could have a shared session where either you, or your colleague, could have control of the application at one time, but not both at once. In order for the other colleage to have input to the system, the person who currently has control would have to relinquish it.

Perhaps there is a way, but I'm not aware of it and, like I said, I'm not sure it's a good idea anyway.

You really shouldn't start 2 threads on the same topic. It will just lead to confusion.

TeamViewer has a limited multiuser session to 2 users. RealVNC is very lagging... But the good thing of these two programs is that they are not asking the Ctrl+Alt+Del access..... if they were giving better quality, as more multiusers and less lagging, they would be great... but is not the case.

Now I found a really fast solution, Radmin... It is really ergonomic and fast. But it is the unique software that is requiring a Ctrl+Alt+Del log, to access Windows 2012.... for Windows 7 it is not requiaring such a sign in...

So here I am asking somethign different, if you know how to manage such a Ctrl+Alt+Del access in Windows 2012, in order to enter the same session, because actually if I enter, my collegue is out and viceversa.....

With Teamviewer and RealVNC, we were in the same session, but as I said, the quality of the service was not good....

well, the Ctrl+Alt+del thing can be disabled with a group policy.... 

As for the concurrent sessions... without a hack, not possible. RDP is meant for administration and not normal use.

That said, have you considered multipoint server 2012 instead? Sounds like it's more ideal for what you want.

Tightvnc does give you ctrl+alt+del access we use it at work for some cross domain support where we did not want to put in a trust.

But it is inpossible to connect to the same administrative session. The tool mstsc v8.1 could use shadowing with W8.1 and WS 2012 R2 but only for user sessions. For more information about shadowing, take a look at this site:

http://www.techiesweb.com/windows-shadow-command-to-interactconnect-with-a-user-remote-desktop-session/

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Edited by Conneckter