RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DropBox

Dave

Looks like someone is trying to increase their storage pool, hehe.

In all seriousness, I was one of the early beta testers for Dropbox (which is how I got a free 50GB account, hehe) and it's amazing how far this little service has come. It comes in handy more often than you would expect and is an easy way to get to your files from anywhere. There is an app for both Android and iPhone (iPhone App review here) and if you're not using it yet, you should definitely give it a shot. 2GB free storage with options for 50GB and 100GB pay-for-plans.

@JoseROrtiz - A free 50GB account, how lucky can you be. I pay $10/month for that. I have tried a lot of similar online services, Dropbox wins hands down.

yeah, when they finished the beta and went public they held a contest for beta testers. Two testers were randomly picked and were given 50gb accounts. First time I ever won a contest like that. There about 1200 entrants :D

I have been using dropbox for awhile now and I think it is a terrific product. I sync accross 4 pcs, iphone, and ipad. Works well and I use for a temporary location when I am working on something as well a place that where I keep a couple of files I need for quick access. Comes in handy when writing a blog post or gathering information for a project.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using it since it went mainstream... I look after a membership database for a car club, and it means that I can use a single PC for all my customized macros, etc and all my changes replicate to my HTC Desire, and laptop, so all my data versions are current...

Plus I can send files to my parents for when I need to remote support them, or get drivers installed for a new device, using the public feature of the service...