RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Server 2012 Multiuser Remote Control

AlejandroMatamoros

Hello there,

what is the best solution to perform a simultaneous remote control access to the same Server seession, from a PC and from a Mac, at the same time? Server is Windows Server 2012.

I am looking for the most stable and quality solution, including "not free" 3rd part softwares...

If possible, justify you advises sharing direct experience in the solution.

Thank you very much!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• ikon

• revengineer

• AlejandroMatamoros

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, is this even possible? Every time I use RDP to access my server from another computer, it logs me out on any other computer I was using to RDP.

Is it possible by logging in using multiple accounts?

Are there 3rd party apps that allow it?

I know that there was a hack for multiple RDP sessions a while back. Depending on what you want to do. If you want to run some software that's installed on the server from multiple PC's then take a look at WSE Remote App. from The Office Maven.

I use the Concurrent RDP Hack on my Win 7 HTPC so I can login from another PC while others are viewing TV/movies without interrupting.

I know that there was a hack for multiple RDP sessions a while back. Depending on what you want to do. If you want to run some software that's installed on the server from multiple PC's then take a look at WSE Remote App. from The Office Maven.

Thank you!

We want to manage an application installed in the server from remote devices. 

Have you got direct experience with The Office Maven? Is it a proven quality application among the similar 3rd parts remote control softwares?

Yes, I've tested his software and it's quality stuff and continues to be supported and improved. There's also a support page to ask questions.

I use the Concurrent RDP Hack on my Win 7 HTPC so I can login from another PC while others are viewing TV/movies without interrupting.

Can you explain better what is "Concurrent RDP Hack" ? Are you saying RDP os quite weak remote solution? thank you

Yes, I've tested his software and it's quality stuff and continues to be supported and improved. There's also a support page to ask questions.

So you are saying we may perform multiple simultaneous access from a PC and a MAC via WSE Remote App, to the same Server session under a quality and secure environment?

I knew only Radmin, Real VNC DameWare and some more but still didn't tried them....

No. There is a hack for Windows 7/8 that allows for multiple users to be concurrently logged into a machine running independent login sessions and apps. Can be quite useful. For example, I RDP into my HTPC box as user1 to perform maint/updates in background while my family is logged in as user2 watching full screen movies on same machine.

In your opinion why there are so many 3rd part applications for Remote Desktop Access being there the original Windows RDP? Does this mean that Windows RDP is not so safe, good and qualitative? Thank you