RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
richlars

Administrative privileges lost

Drashna Jaelre

If you have the server folders on the DrivePool already, ikon's method will fail (go microsoft....)

In that case, download the WSS Troubleshooter and run the "Restore DrivePool Shares" option.

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Utilities

ikon

Yeah. That's why point 4 says to take note of the current path. I probably should have emphasized that a bit more.

richlars

Hey guys!  Thanks so much for the help!  I have to bail for the next couple of weeks as my son is getting married in England.  I have a few days before we leave but I will be busy wrapping up a lot of loose ends.  Again, Thank you so much for your help.

Rich

Drashna Jaelre

Yeah. That's why point 4 says to take note of the current path. I probably should have emphasized that a bit more.

That's also why we have the WSS Troubleshooter. To sidestep the problem. :)

Hey guys!  Thanks so much for the help!  I have to bail for the next couple of weeks as my son is getting married in England.  I have a few days before we leave but I will be busy wrapping up a lot of loose ends.  Again, Thank you so much for your help.

Rich

Well, don't have too much fun! :)

richlars

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, but if the permission issues are on the pool, there is a utility for that:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Utilities

Dang!  Just when I thought I had it all worked out, it did it again.  Came back and found this.  Ran the trouble shooter and it seemed to be working fine and then came back and said "Fix was not successfully applied: Access is denied".

I have moved all of the folders to the pool now.

This is running it as an administrator from the C:/Program Files|Windows Server\Bin

I would sure like to get this fixed befoe heading to England so that I can upload Pictures.  Any help would be gratefully accepted.

I plan on having a blast in England!!!! :) 

Oh!  Just as a side note, I previously suspected that the un-install of Team Viewer was the culprit the first time this happened.  But this is acting the same way as before so I suspect it is a Pool deal.  Just can't figure why access is denied at all levels.