RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Convince me...

I probably will once I get a bout 2 weeks into this new build fully finalized.  have about half the clients on it just need to bring the VMs over and sharepoint.  Once that is done will pull an IMG file and store it on the SAN

Yeah. I like that way of storing important images. If you just keep a drive hanging around, it could get damaged and render the image unusable. Having it on a SAN means it should get backed up with the SAN as well.

Go ahead and install Project Server while you're at it.  A good way to keep the family on schedule!  LOL

My inlaws will be late to their own funeral.  No the sharepoint server is for the Big book of Kid Volumes 1-6 of every medical piece of paper, ARD, diagnosis, documented event etc.   The bonus of being a geek stepdad with a special needs son.   Me and wife go to school for 3 times a year meeting she list her demands and I sit on the iPad and just print what ever document the school needs.   The VP and diagnostician love me but the school hates me since I can easily and quickly pull up whatever we need to make the school spend more on the kid. 

Ha! I do something a bit similar for my wife's medical issues. I created a Word document that contains a summary of her meds, a summary or her surgeries, a summary of her treatment over the years (ER visits, Dr. appointments, etc.) and a list of everything she's had done to and for her since childhood (basically, an expanded version of the summary of treatment with a lot more detail).

We print copies and bring them to the ER whenever she needs to go in. We give a copy to the Triage nurse and others to anyone who might need one. Whenever the staff ask things like, "What medications are you taking?" or "When did you have this procedure?" we just point to the list. When we first started doing this a few years ago the staff didn't seem all that interested, but things have changed. These days the staff are appreciative of having it as a reference.

Obviously, your situation is much more involved, but I sure can sympathize.