RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
mailman1988

Problems reported with win 8 & Rt Patches

ikon

:D

I feel your pain. I've had to explain to upper management that sometimes things just aren't as black and white as they'd like them to be. Sometimes I had to talk to them like they're 6 year olds, which I found very odd the first time I had to do it. It seems to be a common trait among executive types. It's not that they're not intelligent or anything; they just can't relate to detailed things - they deal in big picture stuff, which is why they're in upper management I guess.

Drashna Jaelre

Well, management.... manages. They don't care about details. That's not their jobs. They want results, and they push people to get them. 

So yes, that basically means you have to treat them like kids. they don't know anything about what you're talking about, nor really care that much....

Extensive testing?  Do some research on SP1 for SharePoint 2013 and what a complete debacle that was while just a month earlier one patch completely broke Office Web Apps server.  Microsoft needs to tighten up their testing protocols, period.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SharePoint a royal PITA from the start? :)

jmwills

Not really. What can possubly go wrong with trying to get to stop using a collaboration platform as a file server. Patching is easy...just install all the Windows patches then go back and install the SP patches then configure those patches with Powershell without trying to break something in the process.

That's why no one wants to deal with it.