RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

HD6450 in Gen8 MicroServer

Joe_Miner

I've just put a HD6450 into the X16 PCIe Expansion Slot of my HP ProLiant Gen8 MicroServer to see how it performs.

Right now I have two monitors hooked up to the card -- one's a HDMI with Sound and the other is a DVI

My OS is a Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD loaded with Windows 8.1 Update Pro -- RAID0 Slot 1

gallery_1229_67_25479.jpg

So far so good ......  More later

Here's the video of my installation:

Later I tried to see how well a couple of fans would cool the HD6450 and possibly bring down the system fan speeds (with BIOS set on Optimal Cooling):

Edited by Joe_Miner

Dave

What are those battle maps behind you?

Joe_Miner

Gettysburg days 1-3

I could go there every year if Mrs. Miner would allow :)

ikon

I think your GPU must be overheating - the left monitor is showing signs of tearing :D                 <kidding>

jmwills

The shape of the fish hook should have told you that.  Ahhh, had we only gone around to the right as Longstreet had wanted.

ikon

The shape of the fish hook should have told you that.  Ahhh, had we only gone around to the right as Longstreet had wanted.

I must be missing something.

Gurv4n

Gettysburg days 1-3

I could go there every year if Mrs. Miner would allow :)

That's "funny", I've just had begun "The Lost Regiment" from William R. Forstchen who is introducing Andrew Lawrence Keane as an heroe from Gettysburg.

The author is inviting to visit the site, what does it make so special for you to want going there every year (if not too personal)?

Joe_Miner

That's "funny", I've just had begun "The Lost Regiment" from William R. Forstchen who is introducing Andrew Lawrence Keane as an heroe from Gettysburg.

The author is inviting to visit the site, what does it make so special for you to want going there every year (if not too personal)?

I had relatives (Union Infantry) fight there though more closely related relatives (Union Cavalry) fought at Vicksburg (probably more significant battle than Gettysburg) and marched with Sherman to the sea afterwards.  I've been to Vicksburg several times and my Great Great Grandfather's unit name is in the Illinois Memorial.  Lots of excellent books written about both campaigns (many on my bookshelf -- better than fiction).

yodafett

Hmm 5450 in a gen8. Maybe I should make mine tri boot Esx, 2012r2 and OSX mavericks