RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Not seeing Hard Drives

seojoseph

Basically I had two WD reds and booting from freenas on a USB stick. What I did next was take a SSD drive and a mount and I put it in drive one and moved the two WD reds to slot 3 & 4.

Now Im trying to install windows and it tells me that it doesn't see any drives.. even at boot up it doesn't show me any drives but I know these drives worked as of today. Maybe because the format of the ZFS for the two reds and I had the SSD and windows 7 on a laptop.. 

What am I missing here?

install via intelligent provisioning, or download the raid driver from hp and load it at the install screen and rescan for your drive.

Are you using the B120i or AHCI mode?

How did you mount the SSD?

I bought the icey doc which I seen you used on your youtube account actually. How do I know if Im using b120i or the AHCI mode?

install via intelligent provisioning, or download the raid driver from hp and load it at the install screen and rescan for your drive.

Im on intelligent provisioning - now what?

OK I know I am in AHCI mode now. I was in b120i for sure. In the Post Screen it says AHCI mode and it copies that a couple times. 

How do I know if it sees it on the post screen? 

Edited by seojoseph

Update. Like an idiot. I was not putting the drives all the way in. I just pushed them in and thought they were good but nope. I needed to keep the tabs up and then I was able to push all the way in therefore securing it in. :( Feel free to laugh at me. I deserve it.