RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
BSR

Fujitsu Scansnap iX500 Scanner $409.99 at Newegg

ikon

Would hate to see your email inbox!   :o   I have folders for everything.

For me, email is not a filing system. I do have folders, many of them, for my email. My filing system for documents is a completely different matter.

Jason

No doubt the iX500 is nice. Works so well scanning is too easy. Now the challenge is how to best organize folders on my WSE12R2 box. Am scanning from a Mac primarily. No issue. Maps to a documents share.

But deciding whether to put Auto insurance info under /Auto/Insurance alongside /Auto/Repairs/CarA and /Auto/Repairs/CarB or under an /Insurance/Auto folder?

jmwills

Wouldn't it be nice if you could have a folder that defined a document type with pre-defined metadata categories.

ikon

No doubt the iX500 is nice. Works so well scanning is too easy. Now the challenge is how to best organize folders on my WSE12R2 box. Am scanning from a Mac primarily. No issue. Maps to a documents share.

But deciding whether to put Auto insurance info under /Auto/Insurance alongside /Auto/Repairs/CarA and /Auto/Repairs/CarB or under an /Insurance/Auto folder?

Those kinds of filing decisions are why I feel the ideal filing system doesn't even worry about it. The only thing that truly matters is whether it's possible to easily, accurately, and quickly retrieve any particular document or group of documents. If you can just dump all documents into a single pot, and still meet the requirement for easy, accurate, and quick retrieval, then that is ideal to me.

yodafett

I use a Panosonic KV-1065c. Everything goes into sharepoint foundations for my stepson (special needs). I agree with ikon without TWAIN, pass it by and continue looking.

jmwills

Someone finally said the "magic word" !!  Investigate a feature called "Content Types" within SharePoint.