RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Intelligent Provisioning - 2012 R2 Standard

Nox

Well, it was a struggle.  Kept getting could not find Microsoft Windows licensing errors when using the evaluation version from the website.  Not many posts on the net and those that are out there point to memory, or lack of memory.

My advice would be to get the 2012 R2 Standard iso from the Volume Licensing site.  It worked first time.

I hope this gets picked up in a google search and saves someone a few hours of head scratching :)

Nox

• 4 weeks later...

I had issues as well, it didn't work or actually it worked until some late stage when it rolled back due to some error.

It seems like it killed my Key and eventually I need to get another one to complete the activation.

I tried provisioning 3 times and gave up and did it with iso files in the end. Still missing a few drivers though, but getting there and nothing critical (P222 setup).

Couldn't be bother as I have MSDN. But yeah, I should. I just cant see I use all my keys before a new version comes out :P

on the positive side, I did get all the drivers working manually by downloading drivers one by one.

Edited by adsboel