RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Quad ethernet cards

c0mm0n

Hi,

For my first topic, hope I don't ask a classic. Been through the FAQs, links, search and didn't find an answer.

Are there quad gigabit cards available for the Gen8 ?

I know about an Intel one, I've also found this one : NC375T

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/networking/nc375t/index.html

Will it fit into a Gen8 ? I assume It would be compatible with ft-d and esxi passthrough, am I right ?

Thanks for your input and experience, 

c0mm0n

Intel has several low-profile quad port gigabit adapters that I'm sure would work.  A quick NewEgg search turned up two models that I know would work, and a couple of other possibles.

Obviously, the most important, key factor when choosing add-in cards is that they have to be half-height cards. I know it's obvious.... just sayin'

The other thing I would mention is that the Search feature of the forum software is not very good. You can usually get better results when trying to search these forums by using Bing or google and using site:homeservershow.com as one of the search parameters. That will restrict the search engines to look only at these forums.

I have for myself an excess HP 331T Quad Gigabit card from a project. Comes with both full- and low-profile brackets. Saving it for when I build my own Hyper-V box.

To add to what ikon already mentioned, brand new NICs will usually come with both brackets. That is to say that if you're buying used, make sure the card also comes with the low-profile bracket.