RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
fredload

Local Drive (E:) Full - Not sure if I can delete files or why this drive is full?

jmwills

The drive used for Server backups will be in different grouping than the data drives and ikon is correct, that drive will fill up and then auto delete files to make room for newer server backups

By default, the drive used for Server Backups is only visible in the disk management applet so now I am rethinking this.  Did you recently add a new drive for Client Backups as the URL for the drive clearly shows it was/is the location for client backups.  Do what is the Drive Drive being used for?

What is the retention schedule for the client backups?   And is VSS running on the E Drive.  I still think that is the issue unless you changed the backup retention schedule.

Just to point out...as of 22 June, your client backups are/were on the E Drive, and not D.

ikon

Gah! I missed that. Yes, your Client Computer Backups are on E: - it clearly shows it in the path in one of your images --> Computer -- Local Disk (E:) -- ServerFolders -- Client Computer Backups.

I would right-click on the Client Computer Backups folder and get its Properties, so you can see just how much space it's using.

revengineer

Gah! I missed that. Yes, your Client Computer Backups are on E: - it clearly shows it in the path in one of your images --> Computer -- Local Disk (E:) -- ServerFolders -- Client Computer Backups.

I would right-click on the Client Computer Backups folder and get its Properties, so you can see just how much space it's using.

Glad we agree. Felt like an idiot when nobody picked up on my comment.
  • Like 1

jmwills

Still does not explain why you have client backups in two locations.

revengineer

Was the client backup folder recently moved? Can we see a screenshot of the server folder tab under storage in the dashboard?

ikon

Still does not explain why you have client backups in two locations.

I'm not sure he does. I'm wondering if D: is actually a drive he installed with the intent to use it for CCBs, but never actually did - maybe it contains other backup data. From the screenshot, I'm wondering if E: is actually the 2nd partition on the OS drive. D: sure looks like a straight forward 2TB drive to me. I'm thinking maybe E: got used for the CCBs because it was the only partition available originally. That would mean he had to have changed the drive letters of course.

jmwills

Agreed.  We need a shot of the Disk Management Applet.

ikon

Agreed.  We need a shot of the Disk Management Applet.

And, like revengineer said, one of the Server Folders tab would be nice too, to see where Client Computer Backups is pointing to.