RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Installing V1 on a Lenovo TS140

mailman1988

I just got my new TS140 and thought I'd give it a try to install V1 onto it. Unluckily this had stalled part way into the install. From what I can tell, I need 32 bit drivers, which don't exsist for server 2003 from Lenovo. Any ideas? Of course I know-go to 2011. I just wanted to give it a whirl.

Anyone had any luck doing this?

Try XP drivers?

The other thing is to boot with Hiren's boot CD and use the unknown hardware utility. A little detective work but you could probably track down what you're for.

I would also check the BIOS and see if it's loading AHCI and switch that to IDE and try the install again.

Thanks for the tips. I'm still working through this.

I did change the BIOS for the SATA to IDE, figured this out after my 1st BSoD.

Have not been able to get past the missing drivers though. I will have to figure out which Intel NIC, USB, Controllers and such they are using.

This is an evening project that I can only put a few hours into. But I'm working on it.

I've got to say, I really like this box. Lot's of fans. fans on some of the drive bays-Nice.

Have not tried Hiren yet. That is next.

Does anyone believe that Lenovo would have these drivers hidden on their website? Maybe Tech support?

Thanks in advance.

2003 is two versions ago and I doubt they are there for this piece of hardware especially since you are wanting to install a 32 bit OS.  All server platforms are x64 now, at least they are for Microsoft.

Why not run v1 in a virtual platform?