RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS 2011 and Server OS

skidzapd

If my memory serves me correctly WHS 2011 actively blocks the client agent from installing onto any server OS. Does anyone know if a workaround was ever found? I have stayed on WHSv1 because of this issue for years since it continues to back up and restore all my client and server OS's just fine. I am however worried about the future as I am getting close to maxing out the space in my HPEX485 unit and don't want to add external storage units.

Thanks,

On the server, look for C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\Client\Package\SupportedOS.xml

You might be able to add the server OS version you want to support.

Yes I am currently running 4x 2TB drives in my Ex485 running HP Media Smart 3.0 version.

I have had at one time or another all WHS versions running, but I enjoyed WHS2003 the most as it supported all the OS's I need, especially around servers.

They are physical servers that I run at my house currently. Items like Exchange, AD, and SCCM are the main functions but the OS's are Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2. I am still deciding if I want to reduce down the infrastructure and move to Office 365. However, I use most of this for solution testing for customers issues and problems.