RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

S2008R2 Issues

ImTheTypeOfGuy

My S2008R2 quit working about 8.5 months ago and I am just now getting to troubleshooting. You can see the specs in my signature. When I turn it on nothing appears on the screen. The drives do spin up. I reseated every cord and am thinking it is a GPU issue given the screen is black and doesn't show the post process. Any other thoughts?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• jmwills

• ikon

• schoondoggy

If you are not hearing or seeing a POST sequence, then I would try another video card as suggested and also look at the CPU to see if if has become unseated.

There are no beeps.

I have tried two different monitors.

Since there are no beeps, could that be the motherboard? Could the GPU keep it from beeping?

Are you using the onboard graphics card?  If so, you need to test with an add-on card.  Have you tried a second cable too?

Remove all add-in cards and disconnect all external devices. Are there any beeps when powered on? Do you have a power LED on the motherboard? Still no beeps. Replace power supply or motherboard.

This MB doesn't have an integrated GPU. So it is an add-on EVGA GeForce GT 240 GPU. When first powering on the computer all fans start and the OS HDD's do spin up. The codes at first alternate between F3 and F6. After about 10 seconds the sequence of 02 EA 01 b8 repeats until I power down. I removed all cards, except the GPU, and all hard drives and came up with the same code. I then removed the GPU and again the same code. I then removed four of the six sticks of memory, same code. I then removed one of the two remaining sticks and received a different code but I can't find what I wrote down now. Looking at the manual I don't see F3, F6, EA, or b8 listed as a code. Unfortunately I don't have a spare GPU or PSU so if I need to test one of those I will have to purchase. At no point during this testing did I ever hear beeps or see anything on the monitor. Any other thoughts?

Thanks for all the support so far.