RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
upsidedowncake

Launchpad Crashes on Start, Error CLR20r3

upsidedowncake

Ended up reformatting and starting over on my PC.  Didn't solve the problem, but proved that it was something on the server itself, and not a problem on the client.

Ikon - you were right, rolled back my server a couple days to a previous backup and all is working now.  As I reinstall programs, I am going to keep checking Launchpad to see if I can identify what happened.  As always, thanks for everyone's help.

Poppapete

This is where Server Backups come in really handy. I have an external USB drive attached to my server that holds the scheduled backups of the server's OS drive only. If I need to much around with the OS at all, I can always restore from the backup in less than 30 min.

Do you leave the external USB permanently attached and are backing up the default 2 per day?

upsidedowncake

I do, came in really handy as ikon described.  Quick 20-30 minutes and it was back up and running.  I use an old 2 TB western digital that just sits on top of my server.

ikon

Do you leave the external USB permanently attached and are backing up the default 2 per day?

It is permanently attached. Since there's no data of any kind on the drive, I don't bother cycling the OS backups off site.

Ikon - you were right, rolled back my server a couple days to a previous backup and all is working now.  As I reinstall programs, I am going to keep checking Launchpad to see if I can identify what happened.  As always,

Excellent - glad it worked out. And I think checking LaunchPad frequently is a great idea.