RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How to monitor the remote accesses to my WHS 2011

javaman

Hi, I'm also looking for a technique/software/add-in to monitor the remote accesses to my WHS 2011.  The ideal scenario would be to send myself an email, each time remote access was successfully (or even attempted). If that can't be done does anybody know where to look for or how to log all remote access log in's/attempts?

Sure I have a very strong password, but it is kind of weird when from anywhere can be accessed almost my complete digital life.

Event Viewer》Applications and Services Log》Microsoft》Windows》Term Services》Operational

I imagine you could get a Powershell script to email this out, providing your ISP allows Outbound Port 25

Thanks, I know with 2008 Server on the right hand side of event viewer I can Attach a Task to this log. I will try later

This doesn't seem to show all entries, only ones from my home network. I don't see connections from the outside, are they somewhere else?

Event Viewer》Applications and Services Log》Microsoft》Windows》Term Services》Operational

I imagine you could get a Powershell script to email this out, providing your ISP allows Outbound Port 25

Can't you attach a scheduled task to that?

If so, then powershell, definitely.  "powershell send-mailmessage" is the command you're looking for. But you'd want to use "powershell get-help send-mailmessage -examples" to know how which parameters to use to send the message.

Though, if you mean access to the website.... there are utilities to read the IIS Log Files (C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1\), but none that are automated, that I'm aware of.