RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Help needed with RocketRaid 2680

F022Y

Hello all,

I recently came into possesion of 8 x 1TB WD disks from a dell MD3000 drive library, I got myself a RR 2680 but entering bios it doesn't show any disks. Advice needed.

Cheers

Have your tried the GUI?  do the drives show in Disk management?  I presume you are in AHCI mode.

The Highpoint card should give a BIOS screen during boot  with listing of attached drives and the option to CTL-H to manage / setup raid.

Does the card show up in the initial listing of resources on the Boot screen ?

Does it give you a Highpoint setup screen ?

if it doesn't give both of these - then the card may not be seated in properly ( its an X4 card ?  is it in a X16 slot improperly ?)
or is a dead card or there is some incompatibility with your mother board.

cant imagine all 8 HD are dead

Also, even though Win 8 and WHS 2011  seem to support the Highpoint cards out the box,  I had trouble until I used the latest drivers from the highpoint website.  Drives would drop out of raid unexpectanly  big mess  

• Like 1

Should have been more forward with the info lol.

Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H with primary OS as 2012 R2 on a stand alone 500GB drive (was going to switch to 2x250GB in raid1 once the RR was setup), RR shows on boot prompting for ctrl+h but no disks show, tried plugging in a spare 250GB i have and it didn't see that either.

The card is in a X4 slot but i have tried it in a X16 slot with the jumpers in both 1x and 4x setting, is there a way to reset the bios on this card as it was bought second hand?

From the OS i have installed all the latest drivers and software but again cannot see the disks, not even in disk managment.

Cheers for the help so far chaps.

Taken all the HDDs out and plugged into a seperate machine one by one and they all allow me to format. I can see my motherboard isn't in the compatability list but i don't know how upto date it is.