RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Critcal Error - Free Space Low

Poppapete

My C: drive only has 23GB left. I can't tell what has suddenly started using the space. It is a 256GB SSD and I don't use it for any of the server folders.  Any ideas about how to find out what is suddenly using all my space? Disk Cleanup is not available on this drive? I am using DrivePool for all other Drives.

It may have to do with TRIM. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trim_%28computing%29).

Check with the manufacturer's website of your SSD as you may need to run a certain utility or tool to reclaim that space. For example, Intel SSDs recommends you to Optimize their drives using the Intel SSD Toolbox like once a week to do a bit of drive housekeeping.

Poppapete

SSD is a Samsung Pro 840, it should be OK.

My C:/User is 148GB so I moved it to the DrivePool.It shows up in the DrivePool as 0GB and still shows on the C: drive as 148GB as well!

Maybe it will take time to move but I don't think so!!!!!!!!

Poppapete

Wow diehard that software was last updated in 2006. How will it go on 2012 E R2!

By the way I just loved your train set.

jmwillis:  I turned off shadow copies and the critical alert was removed. C: drive free changed from 23GB to 33.6GB.

My problem still is I moved the User file from C: to G: (DrivePool) but it still shows on C:

Wow diehard that software was last updated in 2006. How will it go on 2012 E R2!

By the way I just loved your train set.

jmwillis:  I turned off shadow copies and the critical alert was removed. C: drive free changed from 23GB to 33.6GB.

My problem still is I moved the User file from C: to G: (DrivePool) but it still shows on C:

Thanks on the train set, I've recently started refreshing my scenery.

Yes it's an old program, but I like it. It gives a nice graphical representation of the drive so it's easy to see which file is taking up the most space. I never got a license and still use it on my WHSv1. Best is to do a RDC and install it on the server that way, unless you have a monitor.

• Like 1

I concur on SpaceMonger. It's unfortunate this program is not updated any more. I found it to be the most graphically helpful drive space utilization tool.

Poppapete

May have found my problem. Hyper-V. I have 2, win8.1 and a 7, the virtual hard disks are growing and are on C:. I will look into the easiest way to move the virtual disks to DrivePool.