RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Create new shared folders?

WHS_Refugee

In Windows Home Server, after installing the WHS Connector, clients get a "Shared Folders on Server" shortcut on their desktop, with Music, Photos, Public, Recorded TV, Software, Users, and Videos folders.  In 2012SER2, you get a Shared Folders shortcut, with Company and Users folders.  Is there any way to add the WHS folders and have them automatically show up in the Shared Folders shortcut on clients' desktops?

IIRC, any shared folder you create in the dashboard gets placed in that "Shared Folders" section as well.

If not there should be a way to add it to the folder as it uses "DFS".

Thanks.  I installed the Media Pack (man, that took awhile), and created the server folders - I spent some time dinking with them, moving them around to the right drives.  I've started transferring photos from my WHS box to the new one.  I need to get everything moved, set up the client, server, and offsite backups, then I can start thinking about decommissioning the WHS box.  It's running on 13-year-old hardware with three- to seven-year-old drives, running on borrowed time.  The client backups stopped working about six weeks ago, so I turned them all off as I was tired of seeing the warnings all the time.