RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Don W

TechNet Subscription Coupon

foy1der

I am seriously considering it. Though right now I'm in university and I can get things through programs like dreamspark et al. Maybe I will pick it up when my beta of office 2010 expires so that I can get that and vail in hopefully the same year.

foy1der

There is a better comparison between the Pro and Standard subscriptions on the same page. It's a .xls that shows all the software that is available for each subscription.

http://download.micr...oduct_List.xlsx

IMO, there really is no reason for any enthusiast (like those in this forum) to not get this once every couple of years to try out the new stuff. Especially if you are suggesting stuff to clients and the like.

Edited by foy1der

Guest no-control

IMO, there really is no reason for any enthusiast (like those in this forum) to not get this once every couple of years to try out the new stuff. Especially if you are suggesting stuff to clients and the like.

Thats exactly what this is for. Its in fact encouraged by Microsoft. Getting IT all warm n fuzzy means they are suggesting clients and the powers that be are being pursuaded to purchase their products.

awraynor

I renewed this with the option for the standard package. After they called me for the 3rd time yesterday it was like

they were begging me to do it. Just wish it allowed more than one WHS license.

Jazman

hmmmmm, on the Compare TechNet Subscriptions page I don't see Windows Home Server. 'Course, I am old now so my eyes ain't so good no more :)

If you click on the links to see a full list of products, it will open a spreadsheet. It's line 336 when I open it.

SabatonFan80

I've had my Technet subscription through Tech Days Canada for the last two years and am looking forward to a third.

Tech Days is basically an IT/Development conference that tours a few cities in Canada and the subscription is part of the 'goodie bag' that you get. It's totally worth the $350 entrance fee if you're at all involved in IT (or just for the technet subscription alone. :) )

Here's the dates incase anyone wants to join in...

Vancouver Sep 14-15

Edmonton Oct 05-06

Toronto Oct 27-28

Halifax Nov 02-03

Ottawa Nov 09-10

Montreal Nov 23-24

Winnipeg Dec 07-08

Calgary Dec 14-15

Just to follow-up on this post.. it looks like a Technet Subscription will not be offered in the Tech Days goodie bag this year. :(