RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Don W

TechNet Subscription Coupon

whsvet

ikon
From the Compare TechNet Subscriptions page, click on the "Subscriber Downloads" tab, then expand the "Operating Systems (27)" item. Windows Home Server is about 1/3 the way down the exposed list.

Alvin Ramard

That's the original WHS. I'm assumimng Vail will be on there after the beta period is over.

awraynor

I am due to renew at the end of the month. Just received the e-mail saying there will be TechNet Professional and Standard, with Standard being directed at desktop users. Does anyone know the real difference, such as price?

ikon

Thanks so much whsvet. As you can see, I have never had a technet subscription :)

ikon

awraynor, hmmmm, interesting. Here I am contemplating my first subscription and MS is changing the landscape.

awraynor

My impression was that standard will cover software for clients only, while professional will cover server software to include WHS? I couldn't find a comparision matrix or differences in pricing, which I assume there will be. Still waiting till that is clarified, hopefully before the end of the month as I want to keep my subscription current.

ikon

maybe I need to pull the trigger now so I'm grandfathered :)

jmwills

More than likely they have just repositioned TechNet Plus and and Standard. With Plus you get the DVD content with all the updates, service packs, betas, etc.

easypc

Hopefully they dont raise the prices

ikon

Shhhhhhh! :)