RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Don W

TechNet Subscription Coupon

Don W

I was just wondering how many people here tack advantage of the Microsoft Tech Net Subscription??? I personally have six PC's in my house, one each in my daughters room, two in the office for my wife and me and one Home Server. I had XP installed on two PC's, Vista on two, and 7 on the one. Now I have 7 ultimate on all 5 PC's and it makes my network run smooth with the Home Group and media sharing. Now I also have Office 2010 loaded on all PC's. When Vail comes out I will also get it. For the subscription price of $360 it was worth it for me.

awraynor

I also take advantage of the program, with plans to renew next month.

diehard

Yes, this has been discussed in the forums and the concensus is that it's a good plan.

geek-accountant

I use it also. Wish I would have learned about this before I purchased 2 of the Family Packs on release day. We have 5 PC's (not including the WHS) all running Windows 7 now. I did use Tech Net to put Office 2010 on all of our computers. Plus, it is giving me a chance to try different things in a Virtual Machine.

Fernis

It's a great value at $360. And even a better value at $250 with the coupon code TNITQ406

dvn

But don't wait. That coupon runs out at the end of June, I believe.

ikon

thanks very much dvn. I've been thinking about getting one for a long time so this is very good to know.

ikon

I went to the TechNet site and checked the software Benefits but it doesn't list WHS. Can anyone confirm for sure that WHS is part of the subscription?

thanks.

jmwills

It was.....look in the Servers sub-category also.

ikon

hmmmmm, on the Compare TechNet Subscriptions page I don't see Windows Home Server. 'Course, I am old now so my eyes ain't so good no more :)