RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Looking for a new position

Rod at home

Well, this certainly is off topic. I've been at my current company for many years, writing line of business (LOB) apps for both Windows and the Web. Well, we've been experiencing budget cuts each and every year since 2008. We've had a 60% reduction in our operating budget and staff, and my position (as well as others) are being downsized. So, I'm looking elsewhere for new opportunities. I live in New Mexico, but am willing to relocate. If you know of some jobs, please send them my way. If you'd like a copy of my resume, please contact me via primate message (does this forum software support that) and I'll send it to you.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Rod

Sorry to hear about the downsizing.  You might give us a general idea of the programming languages you are proficient in using.  I don't work in an industry that would have any opportunities but there may be others in  our forums.

And YES, this forum software has private (or primate as noted above) messaging capability.

Duh, I should I thought of that. OK, I've got lots of .NET development, mainly C# but also VB.NET. I've got lots of experience working with SQL Server, designing tables, views, stored procedures and triggers. I've set up several SQL Jobs to run automatically. I've written back-end components and middle-tier components, including Windows Services. Basicaly, I'm an end-to-end developer, mostly of line of business apps.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Being in Canada, I don't have any offers for you, but I wish you good luck in your search.

Thank you, schoondoggy, I've just applied for a SQL Server DBA position in the Denver area. BTW, at ths point where it asked how I heard of the position I did give your handle here. Sorry, I don't know you by any other name that "schoondoggy". Hopefully they'll know what that means.