RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Keyboard Replacement

awraynor

Once again not a great section for this, but... My trusty Logitech combo of over 10 years died recently. Went down to the local

Best Buy and nothing in the standard section impressed me and didn't want to blindly buy off of NewEgg, Amazon, etc.

I did go to the gaming section and really liked the Razer Mechanical Keyboard, but the price is a bit stiff. I don't game so

a standard keyboard with a number pad would be nice. A reasonably priced mechanical keyboard would be a bonus, but

they don't appear to be wireless very often, however I could work past that.

Any recommendations?

I have seen this one recommended, the new version is even higher at $135. I just remembered I may have to drive BB again as I have

a gift card I forgot about. Wireless is nice but those mechanical keys feel so good.

The 550 is a much newer version of what I had and it just didn't feel right when I used it.

I was just looking at the 7000 and will have to see if someone local has it, haven't been 

to the local office stores  yet. The das keyboards get mixed ratings and of course are

kind of expensive. 

Good article schoondoggy. I used one similar to that (I think it was on NewEgg) to choose the Cherry Brown switches. I didn't want the noise of the Blues, nor the greater force required by the Blacks. As a touch-typist, I find the Browns to be a good compromise.