RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Has Anyone Installed Acronis Drive Monitor

PCEddie

Looks really nice. One of our members Mysticgeek writes for that site, maybe he can chime in.

It reminds me of the WHS SMART addin http://www.mediasmartserver.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6882

I was thinking the same thing. I have that addin installed on my WHS. I wondered if I was duplicating the same process.

• 5 weeks later...

Actually one of our other writers wrote that up and he doesn't have WHS. But now that you bring it up... I think I will try it out and let you know the results. Or I will write another post on it. Thanks for the good idea!

But thinking about it, I'd probably go with the Addin for the time being though.

Edited by mysticgeek

I installed ADM on my main PC -> Q9550 | BFG 680i mobo | single WD Black 640 GB HDD - WDC WD6401AALS. Got the message S.M.A.R.T. monitoring is not available.

CrystalDiskInfo does report S.M.A.R.T. values, so I'm not sure why Acronis doesn't see that S.M.A.R.T. data is available. Doing a little looking around as I try to understand some things about SSD drives, I've read that S.M.A.R.T. as a standard is anything but standard in its implementation by manufacturers.